New Alex Theatre: Piano Bar 2015
A brand new Piano Bar has been unveiled at the New Alexandra Theatre, following the latest phase of a £1million investment plan in the venue.
A total of £250,000 has been spent by Ambassador Theatre Group redeveloping the two separate bar areas in the Station Street theatre to give the impression of one larger luxurious area, in a move to dramatically improve the theatre’s public spaces.
With delicious speciality cocktails, wines and champagnes to suit every occasion, the Piano Bar is also home to a Baby Grand Piano to entertain audiences in a luxurious and relaxing setting.
Since 2013 the £1million investment has seen:
- Brand new seats and carpets in Stalls and Dress Circle including ProBax Technology.
- A new orchestra pit which can be covered with additional seating rows when not in use, maximising the connection between artist and audience.
- Extensive improvements back of house including a new flying system, sound desk and fire-alarm.
- A more welcoming open-plan box office.
- Improvements to the Easy Access entrance on Station Street for greater accessibility for wheelchair users.
- Newly refurbished and increased capacity dress circle toilet facilities.
General Manager of the New Alexandra Theatre, Andrew Lister said: “Since 2013, over £1million has been spent on the New Alexandra Theatre as part of ATG’s ongoing investment to ensure we can continue to offer a World Class theatre experience in the heart of England.
“As one of the leading venues in Birmingham City Centre, I am sure our customers will greatly welcome these ongoing developments. We look forward to unveiling the new face of the New Alexandra Theatre to you very soon.”